VML: Library Services for College of Veterinary Medicine Alumni
The Veterinary Medicine Library staff are pleased to work with CVM alumni to ensure that you can access the information you need. Our licensing agreements for online resources do not allow for direct access to licensed electronic resources for alumni, but there are several ways we can assist you.
- We maintain web pages on Keeping Up with Veterinary Knowledge and Providing Information for Clients in Your Practice that link to high-quality, freely available resources.
- We provide reference service and research support to alumni, so please feel free to contact us via the Ask Us form or call us at (919) 513-6218 if you would like assistance finding health information.
- Trying to access full-text articles? CVM alumni may order journal articles or single book chapters from the Veterinary Medicine Library. The fee for electronic delivery is $8.00 per article/chapter.
- To request an article or book chapter through this service, register for the service online. For complete information about ordering articles or book chapters held at the Veterinary Medicine Library, see Requesting Articles and Books. Membership in the NC State University Libraries' Friends of the Libraries includes in-person borrowing privileges as a benefit, for an annual fee.
- If we don't have the book or journal you need, we can help you find a library in World Cat that does and then direct you to interlibrary loan services at your local public library or other options.
- We provide information support to your clients through our Information Rx program.
Visiting the Library
You are welcome to visit the NC State University Libraries and use library resources on site. Individuals not authorized by the license to connect to a specific resource from off campus may access the resource via computers located at any of our locations. At the Veterinary Medicine Library, there are two computers and an overhead scanner for public use and free wireless access for your laptop.
Thank you for your interest in NC State University Libraries' resources and services. Please contact us via the Ask Us form or call us at (919) 513-6218. We look forward to hearing from you!