Find a Book
- The Libraries' Bookstacks are organized using the Library of Congress classification system. This system divides all knowledge into twenty-one basic classes, each identified by a single letter of the alphabet. These categories are subdivided into sub-classes, identified by more letters and numbers.
- The full Library of Congress call number range is split up across several floors of the Hill Library. View a map of the D.H. Hill Jr. Library Bookstacks to find the location of a specific call number.
- NC State affiliates, including students and staff, can check out books from NC State, UNC Chapel Hill, Duke, NCCU, and many other North Carolina university libraries.
- How long can I borrow a book? How many books can I borrow?
- If the library doesn't have the book you're looking for, you can request it using Tripsaver.
We have at least one copy of every required textbook for Fall and Spring semesters.