Library Instruction Programs
We can provide research assistance to your classes. Librarians are prepared to deliver remote instruction, synchronously or asynchronously.
Writing and Speaking Instruction
NC State University Libraries offers instruction sessions specifically designed for introductory writing and speaking courses.
Learn more about writing and speaking instruction.
Subject librarians can provide discipline research instruction tailored to your course content and/or assignment. Request instruction using the instruction request form, or contact your subject librarian.
Special Formats & Technologies Instruction
The following groups offer specialty instruction:
- Special Collections Research Center: For help with historical research, primary sources, or an introduction to your discipline, special collections can work with you and your students. Learn more about special collections instruction.
- Makerspace and VR/AR: Engage your students with the tools and technologies of the maker movement and virtual reality to spur creativity, problem solving skills, and critical thinking. Learn more about makerspace and VR hands-on learning and instruction.
- Digital Media: Get support for multimedia assignments that require the use of the Libraries' digital media spaces or technologies. Learn more about digital media instruction.
- Data & Visualization Services: Get hands-on instruction support for your students on data cleaning and processing, GIS, metadata, and making effective data visualizations. Learn more about data and visualization instruction.
- Innovation Studio: Challenge your students to think critically about what it means to be an innovator and introduce them to the interdisciplinary method of futures thinking. Learn more about Innovation Studio instruction.