Hill Library Makerspace
Building: D. H. Hill Jr. Library
Floor: First Floor, Tower
The Hill Library Makerspace will be open with some limitations starting February 1, 2021.
The Hill Library Makerspace is located on the first floor. This space gives students, faculty, and staff hands-on access to the emerging technologies of making, including 3D printers, 3D scanners, electronics prototyping kits, sewing machines, a laser cutter, and many other Maker tools.
- Adafruit FLORA
- Adafruit Thermal Paper Printer
- Bernina 1008 Sewing Machine
- Blink(1) mk2
- Brother 1034D Serger
- Brother PE 770 Embroidery Machine
- Brother XL2610 Sewing Machine
- Circuit Playground
- Kinect v2 3D Sensor
- LilyPad Arduino
- Lulzbot Mini
- Lulzbot Mini 2
- Makerspace Lending Laptop
- Microsoft XBOX for Kinect 3D Sensor
- Particle Internet Button
- Physical Computing Kit with Circuit Playground
- VLS 6.60 Laser
- WiFi Shield (ESP8266)
How do I get there?
Enter the Hill Library from the Hillsborough St. entrance. Go straight through the gates and turn left. Continue down the hallway until you reach the stairs and elevator. Take the stairs or elevator to the first floor (1U). Continue into the Tower. Turn left. The Makerspace is on the left.
Who do I contact?
- If you have a specific instructional or academic need, or have a question about about 3D printing, electronics, or other topics, you can request a technology consultation.
- Faculty can request an instruction session.
For other questions about using the Makerspace, please contact: