Geographic Information Systems (GIS)
Getting GIS Data
We provide access to data resources and assist researchers with identifying and using geospatial and tabular data with mapping software.
GIS Data Search
Libraries' Geodata Collection
Libraries' Geodata Server
North Carolina GIS Data & Links
Online Data Sources
- Popular Download Sites
Key links to finding data
- Web Mapping Services (WMS)
Stream data from remote servers into your GIS software
- Historic Data and Maps
Links to various digital collections
Hardware and Software
- Use GIS software on workstations in the Libraries
- Esri products, including ArcGIS, are available through NCSU's campus site license.
Instruction & Assistance
- On-site, individualized consultations are offered by appointment. Assistance via email, phone, or chat is also provided.
- GIS Training and Learning
Multiple modes are available for NC State faculty, staff, and students