Teaching and Visualization Lab
James B. Hunt Jr. Library
Faculty and graduates students can request to use the Teaching and Visualization Lab, a black-box room that offers 270-degree immersive projection on three walls / five screens for a total of 94 linear feet of high-definition display surface. The room can host a variety of events including:
- High-impact presentations of large-scale visualizations and simulations
- Technology-rich interactive sessions in a small group setting
- Command/control room simulation
- Immersive computing
- Game research
- “Big data” decision theater
- Comparative social computing
270° stereoscopic 3D projection is available.
- Windows Visualization Server for 270° Wraparound Mode (Screens 1-5, contiguous): 16,384 x 1200
- HDMI Laptop Mode for Corner Screens Only: Up to 1920 x 1200
Custom software allowed?
Determined on a case-by-case basis
User video connections allowed?
Yes, HDMI and VGA
Food / beverage / catering allowed?
- 270° immersive projection
- Surround sound stereo output
- Stereoscopic 3D projection
- Theater lighting