Virtual Reality & Augmented Reality
Virtual reality (VR) is a realistic and immersive simulation of a three-dimensional environment, created using interactive software and hardware, and experienced or controlled by movement of the body. Augmented reality (AR) is an enhanced image or environment as viewed on a screen or other display, produced by overlaying computer-generated images, sounds, or other data on a real-world environment.
NCSU Libraries lends VR/AR equipment and hosts spaces for experiences, games, and development.
We lend 360° cameras and have programs for creating and viewing 360° videos.
NCSU Libraries provides access to many virtual reality tools, games, and experiences.
- 4K Video Studio, Hunt
- Digital Media Lab Studio, Hill
- Green Screen Studio, Hunt
- VR Development Workstation - HTC Vive, Hill
- VR Development Workstation - Oculus Rift, Hill
- VR Studio, Hill
- VR Usability Lab, Hunt
- VR Workstation - HTC Vive, Hill
- VR Workstation - Oculus Rift, Hill
- VR Workstation - Sony Playstation, Hill