Learning Commons (Hill)
The Learning Commons in D. H. Hill Library is an active, comfortable space where students can discover, create, and collaborate with peers, a space that inspires them to be more productive and successful.
The Learning Commons contains many technological features:
- Over one hundred computer workstations (consisting of both Mac and PC computers)
- Group work areas and study rooms
- Moveable whiteboards designed for group work and flexibility
- Special areas are available for GIS, digital media production and gaming.
- Group study rooms with large displays
- A 14-seat presentation practice room equipped with a SMART Board.
- A large-format printer for poster printing
Library staff and trained student peer advisors provide research and technology assistance. All of these resources and services embody the NCSU Libraries’ commitment to enhancing teaching, learning, and research in a technology-rich environment.
The NCSU Libraries continues to seek new ways to bring collaborative spaces to the university such as the Technology Sandbox, an area for experimentation with cutting edge technologies. The new James B. Hunt Jr. Library will provide even more ways to interact with new technology.
We welcome your comments and feedback about the Learning Commons.
Enter the D. H. Hill Library from the Brickyard. Take the main stairs or elevator to the first floor lobby. Turn right to enter the Learning Commons.
Reservation and Use Guidelines
Reservable up to in advance. Reserve for up to . Reservable by .After 15 minute grace period for arrival, space becomes available to others.