From the CANDIDATE PREPERATION INFORMATION - 2012 ACVIM CARDIOLOGY SPECIALTY EXAMINATION:
"The examination is based upon information from medical/veterinary physiology and current veterinary literature. Candidates are advised to prepare by a systematic review of recent textbooks and selected journals. We cannot define conclusively the body of knowledge necessary to pass this examination. The following list is only a guideline of sources we believe will be most beneficial."
|Library Tips||More Info|
PARTIAL REFERFENCE LIST
- Bonagura JD (ed.) Kirk's Current Veterinary Therapy XIII – Small Animal Practice. WB Saunders Co., Philadelphia, 2000.
- Bonagura JD, Twedt DC (eds.) Kirk's Current Veterinary Therapy XIV – Small Animal Practice. Saunders Elsevier, St. Louis, 2009. [also available online]
- Abbott, JA (ed.). The Veterinary Clinics of North America Small Animal Practice. Vol 34, n.5 Current Issues in Cardiology. WB Saunders Co., Philadelphia, 2004. [also available online]
- Abbott, JA (ed.). The Veterinary Clinics of North America Small Animal Practice. Vol 40, n. 4 Topics in Cardiology. Elsevier Saunders, Philadelphia, 2010. [also available online]
- Fuster V et al (eds.) Hurst's The Heart 12th edition. McGraw-Hill, New York, 2008.
- Baim DS (ed). Grossman's Cardiac Catheterization, Angiography, and Intervention 7th edition, Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, Philadelphia, 2006.
- Boon JA. Manual of Veterinary Echocardiography. 2nd edition, Williams & Wilkins, Baltimore, 2011.
- Braunwald E. (ed.) Heart Disease - A Textbook of Cardiovascular Medicine, 7th edition, W.B. Saunders Co., Philadelphia, 2004.
- Allen HD, Driscoll DJ, Shaddy RE, Feltes TF (eds.) Moss and Adams' Heart Disease in Infants, Children, and Adolescents including the fetus and young adult. 7th edition, Lippincott Williams and Wilkins, 2008.
- Ettinger SJ, Feldman EC (eds.). Textbook of Veterinary Internal Medicine - Diseases of the Dog and Cat. 7th edition, Saunders Elsevier, Philadelphia, 2010.
- Feigenbaum H, Armstrong WF, Ryan, T. Echocardiography. 6th edition, Lippincott, Williams & Wilkins, Philadelphia, 2005.
- Fox PR, Sisson DD, Moise NS (eds.) Textbook of Canine and Feline Cardiology. 2nd edition, WB Saunders Co., Philadelphia, 1999.
- Katz AM. Physiology of the Heart 4th edition, Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, Philadelphia, 2005.
- Kittleson MD,Kienle RD. Small Animal Cardiovascular Medicine. Mosby Inc., St.Louis, 1998.
- Marr, C and Bowen, M (eds.), Cardiology of the horse, Saunders Ltd.; 2 edition (January 7, 2011)
- Moses HW, Mullin JC (eds) A Practical Guide to Cardiac Pacing 6th edition, Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, Philadelphia, 2007.
- Opie LH. Heart Physiology from Cell to Circulation 4th edition, Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, Philadelphia, 2004.
- Opie LH, Gersh BJ. Drugs for the Heart 6th edition, Elsevier Saunders, Philadelphia, 2005. 8th ed. 2013 ON ORDER
- Tilley LP. Essentials of Canine and Feline Electrocardiography - Interpretation and Treatment. 3rd edition, Lea and Febiger, Philadelphia, 1992.
Veterinary medical journals such as:
- American Journal of Veterinary Research
- Journal of Veterinary Internal Medicine
- Journal of the American Veterinary Medical Association
- Journal of the American Animal Hospital Association
- Veterinary Radiology and Ultrasound
- Journal of Veterinary Cardiology
- Journal of Small Animal Practice
Human medical journals such as:
- Journal of the American College of Cardiology
- American Heart Journal
- American Journal of Cardiology
- Heart formerly called British Heart Journal
- European Heart Journal - No subscription to current year - read abstracts online and request individual articles free through Tripsaver Interlibrary Loan or visit Duke Medical Library or UNC Health Sciences Library
- Circulation Research
- New England Journal of Medicine
- Heartworm Symposium, American Heartworm Society: last 3 issues: 2004 and 2007 and 2010
Search the catalog for additional cardiology resources available at NCSU Libraries.
Return to the NCSU Libraries: ACVIM Reading list page
Web page updated 12/23/2013.