American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine (ACVIM): Small Animal Internal Medicine
Related residency and internship programs at NCSU CVM:
|Library Tips||More Info|
American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine Reading List for Small Animal Internal Medicine is no longer listed on the ACVIM website. Contact the ACVIM for more info. Here are items that were on the list previously:
- Journal of the American Veterinary Medical Association
- Journal of Veterinary Internal Medicine
- Compendium : Continuing Education for Veterinarians
- Journal of the American Animal Hospital Association
- Journal of Small Animal Practice
- American Journal of Veterinary Research
- Journal of Veterinary Emergency and Critical Care
- Journal of Feline Medicine and Surgery
- Veterinary Clinical Pathology
- Veterinary Clinics of North America (Small Animal Practice)
- Textbook of Veterinary Internal Medicine (Ettinger, 7th, 2010)
- Canine and feline endocrinology and reproduction. Edward C. Feldman, Richard W. Nelson. 3rd, St. Louis: W.B. Saunders, 2004.
- Respiratory physiology: the essentials. John B. West. 9th ed. Philadelphia: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, 2012.
- West JB. Pulmonary pathophysiology, 8th. ed. 2013. Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, 2013
- King LG. Textbook of Respiratory Disease in Dogs and Cats. Saunders, 2004.
- Boothe, DM. Small Animal Clinical Pharmacology and Therapeutics. 2nd ed. Elsevier, 2012.
- Infectious Diseases of the Dog and Cat. Greene, 4th ed .2012
- August JR. Consultations in Feline Internal Medicine, v.6, 2010.
- Bartges, J. Nephrology and Urology of Small Animals, Wiley, 2011.
- EITHER Guyton and Hall textbook of medical physiology. John E. Hall. 12th ed. Philadelphia: Elsevier Saunders, 2011. OR Ganong's Review of medical physiology, Kim E. Barrett, et al.. 24th ed. [ONLINE BOOK] New York, McGraw Hill Medical. 2012.
- EITHER Willard MD, Tvedten H. Small Animal Clinical Diagnosis by Laboratory Methods, 5th ed. 2011 [also available as online book] OR Fundamentals of Veterinary Clinical Pathology - Steven L. Stockham; Michael A. Scott, 2nd. ed. 2008.
- EITHER Clinical physiology of acid-base and electrolyte disorders. Burton David Rose, Theodore W. Post. 5th ed. New York: McGraw-Hill, Medical Pub. Division, 2001. OR DiBartola SP: Fluid, Electrolyte, and Acid-Base Disorders, 4th ed., St. Louis, Elsevier Saunders, 2012 [also available as online book]
- EITHER Withrow & MacEwen's small animal clinical oncology. Stephen J. Withrow, David M. Vail. 5th. St. Louis, Mo.: Saunders Elsevier, 2013. OR Cancer in Dogs and Cats - Wallace B. Morrison 2nd ed. 2002.
- EITHER Handbook of veterinary neurology. Michael D. Lorenz, Joe N. Kornegay. 5th ed. St. Louis, Mo.: W.B. Saunders, 2011. [also available as online book] OR Veterinary neuroanatomy and clinical neurology. Alexander de Lahunta. 3rd ed, Philadelphia: Saunder/Elsevier, 2009. [also available as online book] OR Problems in Small Animal Neurology - Cheryl L. Chrisman
- EITHER Veterinary immunology: an introduction. Ian R. Tizard. 9th ed. Philadelphia: Saunders, 2012 OR Roitt's Essential Immunology OR Veterinary Clinical Immunology - Richard E. Halliwell; Neil T. Gorman
- EITHER Tilley et al. Manual of Canine and Feline Cardiology, 4th. ed 2007. [also available as online book] OR Small Animal Cardiovascular Medicine - Mark D. Kittleson; Richard D. Kienle OR Textbook of canine and feline cardiology: principles and clinical practice. 2nd,. Philadelphia: Saunders, 1999.
Search the catalog for additional small animal internal medicine resources available at NCSU Libraries.
Return to the NCSU Libraries: ACVIM Reading list page