The CDSC provides expertise and advises the Libraries and the NC State community on the methods and modes of scholarly communication, copyright, open knowledge, and digital scholarship. The CDSC is the central hub of digital scholarship support and assists with creating, sharing, accessing, and preserving new forms of scholarly and academic activities that are enhanced through the use of digital technology and open practice. We offer workshops, training, and one-on-one consultations on topics like: digital humanities project development, digital and open pedagogy, copyright, author's rights, publishing and scholarly sharing, innovative research tools, and establishing a scholarly identity online.
Explore our support and collaboration opportunities:
- Virtual Office Hours
- Check our calendar and feel free to schedule a consultation via Zoom
- Moving Courses Online
- Rapidly shifting your course from in-person to online.
- Open Research Incubator
- A short research development program designed to advance a project from idea to proof-of-concept through a cohort-based experience that introduces open research principles and strategies.
- Open Pedagogy Incubator
- A semester-long cohort of faculty instructors developing competencies in open pedagogy through a series of hands-on workshops, curated readings, and cohort discussions, all designed to incentivize the implementation of multiple open-enabled practices in their courses.
- Alt-Textbook initiative
- Awards grants to faculty to adopt, adapt, or create free or low-cost alternatives to expensive textbooks.