Data Visualization Guides
- Workshop Materials. Materials from our popular Data and Visualization Workshop Series.
- Learn Data Viz. Guide from UNC Libraries.
- Infographic Creation Guide. Tools, tutorials, templates, books, and other resources for designing infographics.
- Visualizing Impact. Use graphs and visualizations to analyze and present research impact. Includes a step-by-step guide on bibliometric network visualization using Web of Science and Gephi.
- Data Visualisation Catalogue helps you select an appropriate chart type and provides links to tools.
- Data Viz Project. A website trying to present all relevant data visualizations, so you can find the right visualization and get inspiration on how to do it.
- Picking a Colour Scale for Scientific Graphics
- Top Ten Chart Dos and Don’ts, by Angela Zoss of Duke University Libraries.
Data Visualization Tools
- Datavisualization.ch provides a useful compilation of free data visualization tools.
- Tableau helps you create and share interactive charts and graphs, maps, and dashboards.
- Plotly provides online graphing and stats tools for individuals and collaboration, as well as scientific graphing libraries for Python, R, MATLAB, Perl, Julia, Arduino, and REST.
- Raw is an easy-to-use open web app for creating visualizations using D3.js.
- Vischeck and Chromatic Vision Simulator let you check your visualization for colorblind safeness.