The NCSU Libraries provides access to datasets for use in teaching, learning, and research. Sage Research Methods Datasets and Data Planet are only available to NC State faculty, students, and staff. All other resources are public.
Datasets for Teaching and Practicing
- Sage Research Methods Datasets - This collection of practice datasets contains over 120 datasets using data from real research. The collection is designed to support the teaching and learning of data analysis techniques and research methods.
- Tableau Sample Data Sets - A changing sample of datasets for use in teaching and learning.
- Kaggle Datasets - A collection of datasets for predictive modeling and machine learning.
- CORGIS Datasets Project - Real-world datasets for subjects such as politics, education, literature, and construction.
Collections of Datasets
- Data-Planet - A collection of statistical datasets from public, private, and commercial sources. The Data-Planet Search Guide provides information on how to use the collection.
- DataHub.io - A collection of datasets that includes lists of countries, populations, geographic boundaries, economic data, and more.
- re3data.org - registry of research data repositories
- Web of Science Data Citation Index - access research data from multiple disciplines worldwide
- Awesome Public Datasets - This curated list of datasets is arranged by discipline; the majority of the datasets are free.
- Data.gov - The home of the U.S. Government’s open data.
- FedStats - This site provides access to the full range of official statistical information produced by the U.S. Government without having to know in advance which Federal agency produces which particular statistic.
- UNdata - a portal for the United Nations' statistical datasets.
- North Carolina Office of State Budget and Management (OSBM) Facts and Figures - This is a portal to various North Carolina socioeconomic, population, business, and other types of data.
- Raleigh Open Data - Data portal containing City of Raleigh datasets with API access in a variety of categories based on services that the City manages such as crime, building construction, road closures.
- Wake County Open Data - Data portal containing Wake County, North Carolina datasets.
- Durham City and County Open Data - open data portal for Durham, North Carolina.