Media Production Studios
Two Media Production Studios on the fourth floor provide state-of-the-art tools for creating and editing digital media.
- The 4K Video Studio (4215) includes a 4K video wall, 5.1 surround sound, professional audio studio stereo monitors, source input video monitors, VHS and DV decks for legacy video transfer, direct VHS to DVD transfer deck, two microphones, an audio mixer, HDMI, VGA, component, and composite inputs for additional equipment, and seating for 6. The Mac Pro in this room also includes full access to Lynda.com video tutorials.
- The Green Screen Studio (4217) includes a green screen wall, a black or white backdrop curtain, an adjustable table for product shots, two microphones on booms, lighting equipment, and professional audio studio stereo monitors, VHS and DV decks for legacy video transfer, direct VHS to DVD transfer deck, two microphones, an audio mixer, and HDMI, VGA, component, and composite inputs for additional equipment. This room also includes a NextEngine 3D Scanner.
NOTE: You must check in at the Ask Us desk at the time of your reservation to gain admission to the room. Make sure you bring your Wolfpack One card to check out materials necessary for completing the reservation.
Mac: AfterEffects; Audacity; Autodesk Maya; Blender; Camtasia; Compressor; FinalCut 7; FinalCut X; GarageBand; iMovie; LogicPro; MainStage; Makerware; Motion; SketchUp; Toast; WinAMP
PC: Audacity; Autodesk 3DS Max; Autodesk Maya; Blender; Camtasia; Makerware; PowerDVD; QWS; SketchUp; WinAMP; Windows Movie Maker
Enhance your Media Studio experience by using equipment from Technology Lending.
COPYRIGHT NOTICE: Notice: The copyright law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code) governs the making of photocopies or other reproductions of copyrighted material; the person using this equipment is liable for any infringement. For more information about copyright law, the rights of copyright owners, and the right of fair use to make limited copies for purposes such as teaching, research, and study at North Carolina State University, visit the website of the Copyright and Digital Scholarship Center at: www.lib.ncsu.edu/cdsc
- Library staff and Student Technology Advisors are available to provide help on demand in the room, including research consultation and technical support
- Request help at any time from Ask Us via the touchpad located in each room or via the web, telephone, and mobile devices
- The Reservation Request Form provides options for requesting assistance in advance of a reservation
Reservation and Use Guidelines
- May be reserved up to 7 days in advance by NC State faculty, students, and staff, for periods ranging from 30 minutes to 2 hours.
- Limit of 2 reservations per day by the same user(s).
- This room offers technical capabilities that may require special preparation and testing prior to a scheduled activity. To learn about these capabilities, users may request a consultation.
- 15-minute grace period for arrival, before the space becomes available for other users.
- Spaces cannot be reserved or held by placing personal belongings in them. Unattended items will be removed.
- The NCSU Libraries reserves the right to change a user’s reservation, if necessary, and will provide as much advance notice as possible should this be necessary.
- Users are requested to cancel reservations in advance if their plans change, so that the space can be available to others.