Research Facilitation Service
NC State’s new Research Facilitation Service (RFS) is available to help you navigate and assess a broad range of possible research solutions as the technological infrastructure required to conduct efficient and secure research becomes increasingly complex.
The RFS team partners with University and departmental service providers to address research computing and data questions, freeing you to focus on your research.
Data & Storage
Research Computing & Software
What can RFS help with?
The key services that the Research Facilitation Service provides include:
- Working with you to determine which technology options best meet your research computing and data needs
- Providing technical consultation and support to determine computational, data, and networking resource requirements
- Connecting you with research computing service providers on campus
- Linking you to campus data science and data visualization support
- Assisting you with project planning by identifying available resources for both funded and unfunded research
- Assessing emerging technologies and advocating for the adoption of new technologies offered by NC State (please send us your suggestions!)
Who we are
A joint endeavor on the part of University Libraries, OIT and ORI, the Research Facilitation Service not only provides a single point of contact for computing and data questions, but also strengthens communication among service providers and supports continuous assessment of researcher needs.
The service completed a pilot phase with the College of Sciences (COS) during 2022 and has since become operational in the College of Natural Resources (CNR) and the College of Agriculture & Life Sciences (CALS). The service will continue expanding its reach to other portions of campus in a phased roll-out approach throughout 2024-2025.
If you are not affiliated with COS, CNR, or CALS, but are in need of assistance, please reach out so we can discuss our current capacity.
Send questions, requests, and suggestions to the RFS team. We will respond as quickly as possible, and no later than two business days.