Extraordinary Things are Coming to the D. H. Hill Jr. Library
The NC State University Libraries is preparing for a major renovation of the Hill Library. Scheduled to open in fall 2020, this project will include a complete renovation of the second and third floors of the bookstacks tower with a new open stairwell connecting these floors with the Ask Us lobby. The renovation will also result in a new Academic Success Center and new technology-rich Libraries spaces, making the Hill library NC State's one-stop hub for learning, teaching, research, collaboration, and experimentation. The goal of this project is to enhance student and faculty success.
- The Hill of Beans Coffee Shop and the Creamery are closed. Coffee and snacks are available in the Atrium Food Court and at businesses on Hillsborough Street. An updated Hill of Beans Cafe & Creamery will open inside the Hill Library later in the summer.
- As of Monday, May 13, and continuing through the Hill Library Renovation, collections on the fourth floor (call numbers A-DB) will not be directly accessible by patrons. Library patrons can request books and journals through the Catalog (Books & Media), and library staff will usually retrieve items at least twice each day. When possible, we will retrieve more frequently. Questions or requests by non-university-affiliates may be directed to Ask Us.
- Access to print materials during renovation
- Press release: We’re opening the Hillsborough St. entrance to the Hill Library!
- The Interfaith Prayer & Meditation Space has been relocated to Room 2108 in the East Wing.