Extraordinary Things are Coming to the D. H. Hill Jr. Library
The NC State University Libraries is in the midst of a major renovation of the Hill Library. Scheduled to open in fall 2020, this project will include a complete renovation of the second and third floors of the bookstacks tower with a new open stairwell connecting these floors with the Ask Us lobby. The renovation will also result in a new Academic Success Center and new technology-rich Libraries spaces, making the Hill library NC State's one-stop hub for learning, teaching, research, collaboration, and experimentation. The goal of this project is to enhance student and faculty success.
- The Hill of Beans Coffee Shop on the Ground Floor is closed. An updated Hill of Beans Coffee & Creamery is now open in the West Wing, serving coffee, sandwiches, snacks, and ice cream.
- For the duration of the renovation, collections on the fourth floor (call numbers A-DB) will not be directly accessible by patrons. Library patrons can request books and journals through the Catalog (Books & Media), and library staff will usually retrieve items at least twice each day. When possible, we will retrieve more frequently. Questions or requests by non-university-affiliates may be directed to Ask Us.
- Access to print materials during renovation
- Press release: We’re opening the Hillsborough St. entrance to the Hill Library!
- The Interfaith Prayer & Meditation Space has been relocated to Room 2108 in the East Wing.
- The Assistive Technology Center has been moved to Room 1209, in the hallway behind the Ask Us desk to the right.
- The Game Space has moved to Room 1145, the former Presentation Practice Room, in the northwest corner of the Learning Commons. Upon entering the Learning Commons, turn left and proceed to the back-left corner.