Building: D. H. Hill Jr. Library
Floor: Third Floor, Tower
The Visualization Studio will open on August 16, 2021, and we are currently accepting requests to reserve the space.
NC State University students, faculty, and staff can request to reserve the Visualization Studio for these uses:
- Class visits
- Special instruction and active learning session
- Research / Project exhibitions
- Masters & PhD Defenses
The Visualization Studio is an immersive visual and auditory space, designed to showcase engaging content from every college and department at NC State. With multiple high-definition projectors and a specifically configured computer, the Visualization Studio presents seamless 360-degree visual content and imagery for compelling teaching and learning experiences, research presentations, and other special projects and events.
If you need a meeting room or other event space, students and faculty can reserve a group study or faculty room. There are also more spaces available through Campus Enterprises (RAVE) and the McKimmon Center.
How do I reserve and access this space?
Fill out the request form and a Libraries staff member will be in touch with you in 2-3 business days. Please submit the request at least 14 days in advance of the requested date.
Wolfpack One Card is required for entry.
Room specs & details
10 - 15 depending on use and furniture
15,360 x 1080 wraparound mode
1920 x 1080 single projector mode
User device (laptop, tablet, etc.) connections allowed?
Yes, 1 HDMI and 1 wireless presenter
Food / beverage / catering allowed?
- 360 degree projection
- 7.1 surround sound and stereo audio systems
How do I get there?
- Enter the Hill Library from the Hillsborough St. entrance.
- Go straight through the gates and turn left.
- Continue down the hallway until you reach the stairs and elevator.
- Take the stairs or elevator to the first floor (1U).
- Continue straight across the lobby.
- Turn left before entering the Learning Commons.
- Continue straight past the right side of Ask Us and around the brick wall to the elevators.
- Take the elevators up to the third floor.
- Turn left out of the elevator bay
- Continue straight beyond the open seating area
- The Visualization Studio is the circular room on the right in the center of the building.
- Who do I contact?