Building: D. H. Hill Jr. Library
Floor: Third Floor, Tower
NC State University students, faculty, and staff can request to reserve the Visualization Studio for these uses:
- Class visits
- Special instruction and active learning session
- Research / Project exhibitions
- Masters & PhD Defenses
The Visualization Studio is an immersive visual and auditory space, designed to showcase engaging content from every college and department at NC State. With multiple high-definition projectors and a specifically configured computer, the Visualization Studio presents seamless 360-degree visual content and imagery for compelling teaching and learning experiences, research presentations, and other special projects and events.
If you need a meeting room or other event space, students and faculty can reserve a group study or faculty room. There are also more spaces available through Campus Enterprises (RAVE) and the McKimmon Center.
How do I reserve and access this space?
Fill out the request form and a Libraries staff member will be in touch with you in 2-3 business days. Please submit the request at least 14 days in advance of the requested date.
Wolfpack One Card is required for entry.
Room specs & details
Health & safety warning
The Visualization Studio provides an immersive experience that may affect people with sensitivities to flashing lights, enclosed spaces, or motion sickness. Contact email@example.com ahead of time if you have any questions.
10 - 15 depending on use and furniture
27.5 feet across
15,360 x 1080 wraparound mode
1920 x 1080 single projector mode
User device (laptop, tablet, etc.) connections allowed?
Yes, 1 HDMI and 1 wireless presenter
Food / beverage / catering allowed?
- 360 degree projection
- 7.1 surround sound and stereo audio systems
- Furniture configurations
To help you design your presentation or experience, we provide these templates fitted to our screens:
How do I get there?
- Enter the Hill Library from the Hillsborough St. entrance.
- Go straight through the gates and turn left.
- Continue down the hallway until you reach the stairs and elevator.
- Take the stairs or elevator to the first floor (1U).
- Continue straight across the lobby.
- Turn left before entering the Learning Commons.
- Continue straight past the right side of Ask Us and around the brick wall to the elevators.
- Take the elevators up to the third floor.
- Turn left out of the elevator bay
- Continue straight beyond the open seating area
- The Visualization Studio is the circular room on the right in the center of the building.
- Who do I contact?