- Maps can enhance your understanding of history by providing a geographic/spacial orientation.
- Maps can show how changes in political history are reflected by changes in political boundaries over time.
- Maps can highlight topical themes in a visually engaging manner.
- Maps can serve as primary sources since they they reflect the perspective of the map creator.
GIS (Geographical Information Systems) and Online Geographical Informaton
Print Maps and Atlases in the Library Collection
For quick reference:
Atlas of World History
D21.5 .A89 2010 (D.H. Hill Reference Learning Commons)
Find historical atlases in the library collection:
Use the following keywords in your Library Catalog search:
- historical geography maps [place]
For additional information, see: Maps and Atlases