The Special Collections Research Center is able to make photocopies and digital scans of material in its holdings for both research and publication purposes.
- All photocopies and scans are made by Special Collections staff. We do not provide photographic prints of scanned items.
- Because of the fragile nature of some of our materials, there may be some restrictions on the copying or scanning of fragile, bound, or oversized items.
- Reproduction requests typically take at least two weeks to complete; researchers will be notified when reproduction requests are completed.
- Completed orders can be picked up in person or mailed directly. Most orders are delivered digitally.
- Researchers assume all responsibilities for copyright in the duplication of Special Collections materials.
- Personal items belonging to researchers or other items not from the holdings of Special Collections may not be duplicated.
Publication or Broadcast
- Researchers assume all responsibilities for copyright in the use of Special Collections materials.
- Any use beyond personal, research, or classroom use requires the completion of a Permission Form in those cases in which the university owns copyright. If NC State is the copyright holder, permission must be granted by the Copyright and Digital Scholarship Center. Permissions must be reviewed by the NCSU Libraries Copyright and Digital Scholarship Center before reproductions will be delivered.
- Use fees are $25.00 for Academic use (per item) and $100.00 for Commercial use (per item)
- The Special Collections Research Center accepts checks made out to NCSU Libraries. Credit card orders are accepted by phone or U.S. postal mail only. Do not send credit card information via email.
- Price list for reproduction services
To request duplication of material held by the Special Collections Research Center, please fill out a Reproduction Request form and send it to: