About the Special Collections Research Center (SCRC)
- Support the research and teaching needs of the university community and other scholars by collecting, housing, and providing access to special collections that are unique and often irreplaceable.
- Collect and preserve the University Archives and other collections that document NC State University’s historical legacy, including irreplaceable materials that date back to the nineteenth-century founding of the university.
- Document the leadership and innovation of NC State faculty and alumni in specified areas of interest.
- Support strengths within the Libraries’ overall collections by collecting in subject areas that are of substantial and sustained interest for the university.
- Provide materials that support and enrich the many outreach initiatives and events for alumni, students, and donors that are conducted each year by NC State’s colleges, departments, and centers.