Data Science and Visualization Institute
The Data Science and Visualization Institute for Librarians (DSVIL) was a series of week-long courses focused on the use of data in research and scholarship. It was offered annually between 2016 and 2018.
About the Institute
Participants developed knowledge, skills, and confidence to communicate effectively with faculty and student researchers about their data and be able to provide initial consultancy on course topics. Attendees participated in:
- Immersive learning about data science and visualization in collaboration with academic peers
- Interactive sessions led by expert instructors and focused on mastery of core concepts
- Hands-on exposure to selective open source and highly used commercial tools
- Sharing of practices and experiences across institutions is encouraged
Sessions addressed topics including data exploration and analysis, data visualization, web scraping, orchestrating APIs, and data sharing and reuse.
News about DSVIL
- NC State University Libraries Receives 2019 LITA/Library Hi Tech Award (ALA Member News)
The Data Science and Visualization Institute for Librarians is not currently being offered.