The Fishbowl is a seminar room uniquely designed to promote the open exchange of ideas and as a hub for cross-disciplinary and collaborative work. It offers table seating for 12 along with a multi-touch display and audiovisual technology, all within transparent walls that allow others to see the activities take place inside. The Fishbowl is a space for collaborative learning and research and is not intended for other purposes such as administrative meetings or formal classroom instruction.
Location InformationRoom Number: 4502
- Library staff and Student Technology Advisors are available to provide help on demand in the room, including research consultation and technical support
- Request help at any time from Ask Us via the touchpad located in each room or via the web, telephone, and mobile devices
- The Reservation Request Form provides options for requesting assistance in advance of a reservation
Reservation and Use Guidelines
- May be reserved up to six months in advance by NC State faculty members and graduate students for research or curricular activities for periods ranging from 30 minutes to 4 hours
- Food and beverage service, including catering, is not allowed in this room.
- 15-minute grace period for arrival, before the space becomes available for other users.
- Spaces cannot be reserved or held by placing personal belongings in them. Unattended items will be removed.
- The NCSU Libraries reserves the right to change a user’s reservation, if necessary, and will provide as much advance notice as possible should this be necessary.
- Users are requested to cancel reservations in advance if their plans change, so that the space can be available to others.