The Learning Commons at the D. H. Hill Library is an active, comfortable space where students can discover, create, and collaborate with peers, a space that inspires them to be more productive and successful.
The Learning Commons offers a variety of spaces and technologies:
- Over 100 computer workstations (both Mac and PC)
- Moveable whiteboards
- Special workstations for GIS and visualization, engineering, and digital media production
- Reservable group study rooms with large displays
- A 14-seat presentation practice room with a large display screen and a Google Jamboard
- Print reference materials and the Popular Reading Collection
Library staff and trained student peer advisors provide research and technology assistance in the Learning Commons and throughout the NCSU Libraries. All of these resources and services embody the NCSU Libraries’ commitment to enhancing teaching, learning, and research in a technology-rich environment.