A Web API to the North Carolina State University Libraries catalog.
CatalogWS is a Web API for dynamically querying information from the North Carolina State University Libraries Catalog. This API supports a variety of applications that repurpose catalog data outside of the native catalog interface.
How We Did It
CatalogWS is implemented as a RESTful Web API on top of NC State's Endeca catalog index. Requests are processed via HTTP GET protocol. Responses as returned in a content-rich custom XML format, or in popular output formats such as RSS and OpenSearch. The API supports a "style" parameter that enables XSL transformed responses using a supplied stylesheet.
- Sierra, T., Ryan, J., and Wust, M. (2007). "Beyond OPAC 2.0: Library Catalog as Versatile Discovery Platform", The Code4Lib Journal, Issue 1.
- Sierra, T., Lynema, E., and Wust, M. (2007). "Library Catalog as Versatile Discovery Platform",Digital Library Federation Fall Forum 2007, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, November 6, 2007.
- Lynema, E. (2007). "Free the Data: Creating a Web Services Interface to the Online Catalog",Code4Lib 2007, Athens, Georgia, February 28, 2007.
- Emily LynemaDepartment Head, Information Technology
- Steve MorrisFormer Associate Director for the Digital Library