Donate Books or Materials
Book Sale Donations
If you have books you would like to donate, please consider giving them to the NCSU Friends of the Library. Donated books and materials are crucial to supporting our annual Frank B. Armstrong Memorial Book Sale held each spring. In 2013, the sale raised approximately $17,000 in support of the Libraries' collections and services.
- For large gifts of more than 500 books, please contact the Friends of the Library office prior to your donation.
- Smaller donations of books are accepted year-round at the D. H. Hill Library loading dock, on the Hillsborough Street side of the building, Monday through Friday, 7:30 am to 3:30 pm.
- Please box or bag all donations prior to delivery or pickup.
- Please use small or medium sized boxes that do not exceed 40 pounds.
- You will receive an acknowledgment of your gift for tax purposes by mail. For more information about tax benefits, please contact the Friends of the Library office, (919) 515-2841.
Collections & Papers
The Libraries considers donations of large personal or professional collections and papers on a case-by-case basis. Please contact the Collection Management Department at (919) 515-3833 to arrange to talk with someone about how your collection might fit the Libraries' collections needs.