NC Local GIS Data Archive:
Polk County's GIS Links
- GIS Website - Go here for questions about Polk County GIS
- Online Mapping - Generate custom maps, owner and address search, more
- Data Download - Use GIS software to view, map, and analyze
NCSU Libraries Vector Data ArchiveMay include feature types such as property ownership parcels, street centerlines, jurisdictional boundaries, districts, zoning, building footprints, land use, and various other layers.
- 2008 Downloaded Aug. 18, 2008 from county website
- 2008 Parcels only; Obtained via FTP from the county; Sept. 12, 2008
- 2009 Downloaded Jul. 30, 2009 from county website
- 2011 Downloaded Sept. 13, 2011 from county website and also acquired February 2011 via project
- 2013 Acquired from NC Base Data Project, Sept. 2013
- 2014 Acquired from NC Base Data Project, Sept. 2014
Tip: With Internet Explorer, go to the "View" menu and select "Open FTP site in Windows Explorer."
NCSU Libraries Raster Data ArchivePrimarily includes orthophotos (digital aerial photography)
We don't have any local orthophoto data for Polk County.
- 1993 USGS DOQQs - Learn more...
- 1998 USGS DOQQs - Learn more...
- 2004 - 2006, 2008 - 2010, 2012 NAIP county orthophoto mosaics - Learn more...
- 2010, 2015 (planned) 6-inch resolution, true color Orthophotos - Learn more...
Additional Data Distributed By County
Polk County has not yet contributed street centerline data to NC Street Map.
FEMA Flood Zones Learn more...
Digital Elevation Models (DEMs) Learn more...