NC Local GIS Data Archive: Polk County
County & Municipal GIS Links | Vector Data Holdings | Raster Data Holdings | Additional Data Sources
Polk County's GIS Links
- GIS Website - Go here for questions about Polk County GIS
- Online Mapping - Generate custom maps, owner and address search, more
- Data Download - Use GIS software to view, map, and analyze
NCSU Libraries Vector Data Archive
May include feature types such as property ownership parcels, street centerlines, jurisdictional boundaries, districts, zoning, building footprints, land use, and various other layers.
Access to the Geodata Server requires a valid UNITY ID by NCSU affiliated users only.
Off-campus users: proxy link to 'Polk_County' ftp folder.
- 2008 Downloaded Aug. 18, 2008 from county website
- 2008 Parcels only; Obtained via FTP from the county; Sept. 12, 2008
- 2009 Downloaded Jul. 30, 2009 from county website
- 2011 Downloaded Sept. 13, 2011 from county website and also acquired February 2011 via project
Tip: With Internet Explorer, go to the "Page" menu and select "Open FTP site in Windows Explorer."
NCSU Libraries Raster Data Archive
Primarily includes orthophotos (digital aerial photography)
We don't have any local orthophoto data for Polk County.
Additional Data Distributed By County
Go to the Libraries County GIS Page