IRB Topical Workshop: IRB Process and IT Professionals at NC State University
See upcoming workshops
WhenTuesday, February 23
1:00 PM to 3:00 PM
This session is specifically for IT professionals working at NC State University who work with NC State University researchers completing research with human subjects or are they themselves interested in learning more about the IRB and human subjects research. In order to participate in this session, you must be an IT professional at NC State University.
This session includes the following topics:
- Brief overview of the history of research ethics in the U.S and the IRB
- The IRB at NC State University and why and how it functions
- Review of IRB expectations for data security and privacy as related to levels of risk to participants, including what is communicated or taught to researchers
- Ways that IT professionals can assist their researchers in the development of a data security management plan in accordance with IRB expectations
- Discussion relating to any session participant questions or ideas
If assistive technology, live captioning, or other accommodations would improve your experience at this event, please contact us. We encourage you to contact us early about this to allow sufficient time to meet your access needs.
Register for this workshop