Hunt Library Walk-In Tours
Reservations are not required. Tours may be cancelled in the case of inclement weather.
- Fridays at 3:30 p.m. (with the exception of the following dates when we will not hold a walk-in tour: September 14, November 23, December 14, and December 21)
- Saturdays at 10:30 a.m. (with the exception of the following dates when we will not hold a walk-in tour: September 15, September 29, October 13, November 24, December 8, December 15, December 22, and December 29)
During exams, the library is closed to the public and tours are prohibited. Hunt Library will be closed to the public from Saturday, December 8 - Tuesday, December 18 for exams during the Fall 2018 semester.
Walk-in tours meet at the first floor, Partners Way entrance to the building, near the bookBot viewing windows. Tours take approximately one hour, though it is generally a good idea to budget a bit longer on your parking meter should your tour run over due to questions.
Hourly parking is available in the Poulton Pay Lot across the street from the first floor entrance to the Hunt Library. Parking fees are $2/hour. Parking spots are numbered, and there is a pay station that accepts debit and credit cards only (no cash). If no parking is available at the Poulton lot, the next available paid parking area can be found in the Parnters Way deck, which is a short five minute walk from Hunt.
Touring on your own
- The primary mission of the NCSU Libraries is to support the instructional and research needs of the faculty and students of North Carolina State University. If you choose to tour the building on your own, please respect those hard at work in the library.
- See and Do brochures are conveniently located inside the Partners Way entrance on the first floor for guests. These were created to provide guests information about what it is they are seeing as they move throughout the building.
- Individuals, not groups, may take a self-guided tour of the library. To request a group tour, please go here.
- Admitted and prospective NC State students are encouraged to visit the Libraries, either as part of a tour administered by the Joyner Visitor Center or independently.
- Building access to the NCSU Libraries is restricted to NC State students, faculty, and staff between 10:00 p.m. and 7:00 a.m.
- Touring and sightseeing are not permitted during reading days and final exams periods. In the Hunt Library, access beyond the security gates will be limited to NC State students, faculty, and staff. Check university academic calendar.