- Available by appointment only.
- Unauthorized group tours are not permitted.
- Must be requested at least two weeks in advance.
- If you are scheduling a tour in conjunction with an event scheduled in one of the libraries, you must still request and confirm your tour at least two weeks in advance.
- Group tours will not be scheduled during prime study hours: Sunday - Thursday after 1:00 p.m.
Current/New NC State Students
If you are an NC State faculty or staff member seeking to orient current or newly enrolled students to our libraries, please visit the Instruction Programs page and fill out the instruction request form. Should you have questions about instruction sessions, please direct them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that instruction sessions are only available to current and newly enrolled NC State students.
- Individuals may take self-guided tours using the See and Do document that can be found inside the Partners Way entrance to Hunt Library.
- After 10:00 p.m. a valid Wolfpack One Card (campus ID) is required for library entry.
If you require a disability-related accommodation to participate in a tour, please contact Brooke Peters at email@example.com or 919-515-3313 to arrange services. Early requests are strongly encouraged to allow sufficient time to meet your access needs.
Final Exam Times
- No touring or sightseeing is permitted during Reading Days or Final Exam periods. Check university academic calendars.
- In the James B. Hunt Jr. Library, only NC State students, faculty, and staff will be allowed past the security gates during these times.
- Parents should be sure that children are old enough to remain quiet in the library.
- Adults must accompany children and monitor behavior at all times to insure no loud talking, running, or horseplay.
We are pleased to offer a “mini-tour” in the Hunt Library for K-12 groups on a space available basis. For more information, please visit this page.
Visitors on tours are allowed to take photographs of the facility. However, please respect the privacy of our users and do not photograph people without their permission.
If you would like to schedule a photo or video shoot, please contact Chris Tonelli, Director of Communication Strategy, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (919) 515-2595.
See also the Rules for the Use of the NCSU Libraries.