We review requests for tours of any of the NCSU Libraries' facilities on an ongoing basis. Both NC State-affiliated and non-affiliated groups should request tours through the form below. The scheduling considerations below apply to all groups, regardless of affiliation.
We recognize the importance of sharing the Hunt Library with our campus, colleagues, and community. But please be aware that our ability to arrange specialized tours is limited given the high number of requests we receive.
- Reservations are required at least two weeks in advance. Without proper lead time, we might not be able to find a guide to accommodate your tour as our availability is limited. All requestors can expect a response within three business days.
- To minimize disruptions, we may limit the size of the group and schedule group tours before 12:00 p.m.
- Tours take approximately one hour.
- Tours are not conducted during reading days and final exams. If your request falls during that period, we will work with you to find an alternative tour date.
- Unauthorized or self-guided group tours are not permitted.
- If you find that you are not able to attend your scheduled tour, please provide at least 24 hours' notice as a courtesy to your guide. You can contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at 919-515-3313 to cancel.
- If you have an event booked in any of the Hunt Library spaces and would like to include a tour, you must still request and confirm your tour at least two weeks in advance.
- Weekend group tours are restricted to our regularly scheduled walk-in tours and special events, such as University Open House. Saturday tour dates are noted on the Walk-In Tour page.