Academy of Veterinary Dental Technicians
|Required Reading||Suggested Reading|
|Library Tips||More Info|
Links are to Library catalog listing of print book availability unless otherwise specified.
Required reading list: (subject to change)
- Bellows, Jan. Feline Dentistry: Oral Assessment, Treatment, and Preventative Care. Wiley-Blackwell, 2010.
- Dupont, Gregg A. and DeBowes, Linda J. Atlas of Dental Radiography in Dogs and Cats. Saunders, 2009.
- Holmstrom, Steven E. Veterinary Dentistry for the Technician & Office Staff, First Edition. WB Sauders, 2000.
- Kesel, M. Lynne. Veterinary Dentistry for the Small Animal Technician, First Edition. Iowa State Press, 2000.
- Niemiec, Brook A. Small Animal Dental, Oral & Maxillofacial Disease: A Color Handbook. Manson Publishing, 2012.
- Perrone, Jeanne R. Small Animal Dental Procedures for Veterinary Technicians and Nurses. Wiley-Blackwell, 2012. [also available online - limited simultaneous availability]
Suggested reading list: (subject to change)
- Journal of Veterinary Dentistry
- Bartolomucci, Linda R. Dental Instruments: A Pocket Guide, 4th Edition. Saunders, 2011. [VML has 5th ed, 2015 on order]
- Wiggs, Robert B. and Lobprise, Heidi B. Veterinary Dentistry Principles & Practice. Lippincott-Raven, 1997.
- Step by Step Compendium
- Mentees should also look at other dental handbooks and periodicals available, including technician magazines, which offer special features on dentistry.
Search the catalog for additional veterinary dentistry resources available at NCSU Libraries.
This is only a convenience copy of the reading list to help find copies of reading materials in the NCSU Libraries. It does not replace the official reading list. Candidates are responsible for ensuring they use the latest reading list.
Page updated 10/12/2017