American Board of Veterinary Toxicology (ABVT) Suggested Study Materials
The NCSU CVM does toxicology research through the CVM Center for Chemical Toxicology Research and Pharmacokinetics. NCSU degree programs in toxicology are offered by the Department of Environmental & Molecular Toxicology in the College of Agriculture & Life Sciences.
|Library Tips||More Info|
- Klaassen, C.D., Amdur, M.O., and Doull J.: Casarett & Doull's Toxicology - The Basic Science of Poisons, 8th edition, 2013, McGraw-Hill, New York, NY.
- Plumlee, Konnie H. Clinical Veterinary Toxicology, 1st ed., 2004. Elsevier Science Health Science Division. [Also available as an online book]
- Gupta, R. (ed): Veterinary Toxicology: Basic and Clinical Principles, 2012, 2nd ed. Academic Press (Elsevier), New York, NY. [Available as Online Book]
- Peterson, M.E. and Talcott, P.A. (eds): Small Animal Toxicology, 3rd edition, 2013, W.B. Saunders Co., Philadelphia, PA.
- Osweiler, G.D.: Toxicology, 1996, Williams and Wilkins, Media, PA. [Also available as online book]
- Burrows, G.E., and Tyrl, R.J.: Toxic Plants of North America, 2nd ed. Wiley-Blackwell. 2013 [also available as online book]
2012, 2013, 2014 and through March 2015 unless otherwise specified.
PubMed search link to all ABVT journals
(Use PubMed's Publication dates: "Custom Range..." option on the left to enter the years you need to review for your exam.)
- American Journal of Veterinary Research
- Journal of the American Veterinary Medical Association (JAVMA)
- Journal of Toxicology and Environmental Health
- Journal of Veterinary Diagnostic Investigation
- Journal of Veterinary Emergency and Critical Care
- Veterinary Clinics of North America: Equine Practice - Toxicology, 2001, 17(3).
- Veterinary Clinics of North America: Food Animal Practice - Ruminant Toxicology, 2011, 27(2)
- Veterinary Clinics of North America: Small Animal Practice – Common Toxicologic Issues in Small Animals, 2012, 42(2)
- Veterinary Clinics of North America: Exotic Animal Practice – Toxicology, 2008, 11(2)
Search the catalog for additional toxicology resources available at NCSU Libraries.
“This is only a convenience copy of the reading list to help find copies of reading materials in the NCSU Libraries. It does not replace the official reading list. Candidates are responsible for ensuring they use the latest reading list.”
Web page updated 4/3/2015