American Board of Veterinary Toxicology (ABVT) Suggested Study Materials
The NCSU CVM does toxicology research through the CVM Center for Chemical Toxicology Research and Pharmacokinetics. NCSU degree programs in toxicology are offered by the Department of Environmental & Molecular Toxicology in the College of Agriculture & Life Sciences.
|Library Tips||More Info|
- Klaassen, C.D., Amdur, M.O., and Doull J.: Casarett & Doull's Toxicology - The Basic Science of Poisons, 7th edition, 2008, McGraw-Hill, New York, NY. [7th ed. also available as Online Book] [8th ed. 2013 also available]
- Plumlee, Konnie H. Clinical Veterinary Toxicology, 1st ed., 2004. Elsevier Science Health Science Division. [Also available as an online book]
- Gupta, R. (ed): Veterinary Toxicology: Basic and Clinical Principles, 2012, 2nd ed. Academic Press (Elsevier), New York, NY. [Available as Online Book]
- Peterson, M.E. and Talcott, P.A. (eds): Small Animal Toxicology, 2nd edition, 2006, W.B. Saunders Co., Philadelphia, PA.
- Osweiler, G.D.: Toxicology, 1996, Williams and Wilkins, Media, PA.
- Burrows, G.E., and Tyrl, R.J.: Toxic Plants of North America, 2nd ed. Wiley-Blackwell. 2013 [also available as online book]
2011, 2012, 2013 and through March 2014 unless otherwise specified.
- American Journal of Veterinary Research
- Journal of the American Veterinary Medical Association (JAVMA)
- Journal of Toxicology and Environmental Health
- Journal of Veterinary Diagnostic Investigation
- Journal of Veterinary Emergency and Critical Care
- Veterinary Clinics of North America: Equine Practice - Toxicology, 2001, 17(3).
- Veterinary Clinics of North America: Food Animal Practice - Ruminant Toxicology, 2011, 27(2)
- Veterinary Clinics of North America: Small Animal Practice – Common Toxicologic Issues in Small Animals, 2012, 42(2)
- Veterinary Clinics of North America: Exotic Animal Practice – Toxicology, 2008, 11(2)
Search the catalog for additional toxicology resources available at NCSU Libraries.
Web page updated 7/3/2014