Related residency and internship programs at NCSU CVM:
- Equine Medicine Surgery Internship
- Equine Internal Medicine Residency Program
- Ruminant Health and Reproductive Management Internship
- Ruminant Health Management Residency
|Monographs||Library Tips | More Info|
American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine Reading List for Large Animal Internal Medicine is no longer listed on the ACVIM website. contact the ACVIM for more info. Here are items that were on the list recently:
- Journal of the American Veterinary Medical Association
- American Journal of Veterinary Research
- Journal of Veterinary Internal Medicine
- Journal of Veterinary Emergency and Critical Care
- Compendium : Continuing Education for Veterinarians
- New England Journal of Medicine (reviews)
- Equine Veterinary Journal
- ACVIM Proceedings (recent years)
- AAEP Proceedings (recent years)
- AABP Proceedings (recent years)
- Equine Veterinary Education
- Veterinary Clinics of North America - Equine Practice
- Veterinary Clinics of North America - Food Animal Practice
- Code of Federal Regulations
- Clinical physiology of acid-base and electrolyte disorders. Burton David Rose, Theodore W. Post. 5th ed. New York: McGraw-Hill, Medical Pub. Division, 2001.
- Large animal internal medicine. Bradford P. Smith. 4th ed. St. Louis: Mosby, 2009.
- Equine internal medicine. Stephen M. Reed, Warwick M. Bayly, Debra C. Sellon. 3rd ed. Philadelphia, Pa.; London: W.B. Saunders, 2010. [2nd ed, 2004 available as online book]
- Veterinary medicine: a textbook of the diseases of cattle, sheep, pigs, goats, and horses. O.M. Radostits, et al. 10th ed. New York: Elsevier Saunders, 2007.
- Current therapy in equine medicine, vols. 1-5, Philadelphia: W.B. Saunders Co., -2003. [also available as online book]
- Current veterinary therapy: food animal practice. Howard. Philadelphia, Saunders. v.5, 2009 and previous volumes [also available as online book]
- Large animal neurology: a handbook for veterinary clinicians, 2nd ed. I.G. Mayhew. Philadelphia: Lea & Febiger, 2008.
- Veterinary neuroanatomy and clinical neurology. Delahunta A. 3rd ed. Saunders Elsevier, 2009. [also available as online book]
- Goodman & Gilman's the pharmacological basis of therapeutics. 12th ed. New York: McGraw-Hill, 2011.
- Respiratory physiology: the essentials. West, John B. 9th ed. Philadelphia. Wolkers Kluwer Health 2012.
- Pulmonary Pathophysiology - John B. West, 8th ed. 2013.
- Medicine and surgery of South American camelids: llama, alpaca, vicuña, guanaco. Murray E. Fowler. 2nd ed. Ames: Iowa State University Press, 1998. Also have 3rd ed. Medicine and surgery of camelids.
- Sheep & goat medicine. D.G. Pugh, A.N.Baird, 2nd ed., Philadelphia: Saunders, 2012.
- Rebhun's diseases of dairy cattle. Thomas J. Divers, Simon F. Peek. 2nd ed. St. Louis: Saunders Elsevier, 2008. [also available as online book]
- Clinical biochemistry of domestic animals. J. Jerry Kaneko, John W. Harvey, Michael L. Bruss. 6th ed. San Diego, CA: Academic Press, 2008. [Also available as online book]
- Schalm's Veterinary Hematology, 6th. ed. 2010. [also available as online book]
- EITHER Guyton and Hall textbook of medical physiology. John E. Hall. 12th ed. Philadelphia: Elsevier Saunders, 2011. OR Ganong's Review of medical physiology, Kim E. Barrett, et al.. 24th ed. New York, McGraw Hill Medical. 2012.
- EITHER Veterinary immunology: an introduction. Ian R. Tizard. 9th ed. Philadelphia: Saunders, 2012 OR Roitt's Essential Immunology, 12th ed. 2011.
- EITHER Veterinary clinical epidemiology. Ronald D. Smith. 3rd ed. Boca Raton: CRC/Taylor & Francis, 2006 OR Haynes RB. Guyatt GH, et al. Clinical Epidemiology: how to do clinical practice research. 3rd ed. LWW, 2005
Search the catalog for additional large animal internal medicine resources available at NCSU Libraries.
Return to the NCSU Libraries: ACVIM Reading list page