American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine (ACVIM)
|General Exam||Large Animal Internal Medicine||Small Animal Internal Medicine|
|Sources for all Candidates|
|Sources for Small Animal Internal Medicine Candidates||Sources for Large Animal Internal Medicine Candidates|
|Library Tips||More Info|
- Textbook of Medical Physiology: Guyton and Hall, 12th edition (2011).
- Textbook of Veterinary Immunology: [title is Veterinary Immunology: an introduction] Tizard, 9th edition (2013)
- Plumb's veterinary drug handbook. Donald C. Plumb, 7th ed. Ames, Iowa: Blackwell Publishing, 2011.
- Respiratory physiology: the essentials. John B. West. 9th ed. Philadelphia: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, 2012.
- Veterinary Clinical Epidemiology: Smith, 3rd edition (2005)
- Duncan & Prasse's veterinary laboratory medicine: clinical pathology. Kenneth S. Latimer, Edward A. Mahaffey, Keith W. Prasse. 5th ed. Ames, Iowa: Iowa State Press, 2011.
- Small Animal Clinical Pharmacology and Therapeutics. Boothe 2nd ed. Elsevier, 2012. Chapter One ONLY: Principles of Drug Therapy (although this is a small animal text, chapter one covers basic pharmacological principals with which all candidates should be familiar)
- Journal of Veterinary Internal Medicine Review Articles and ACVIM Consensus statements ONLY: 2009-2014;
- Textbook of Veterinary Internal Medicine (Ettinger and Feldman, 7th edition, 2010)
- Kirk's Current Veterinary Therapy XIV Bonagura and Twedt (2009) [also available as online book].
- Infectious Diseases of the Dog and Cat. Greene, 4th ed .2012 OR Canine and Feline Infectious Diseases: Sykes, 1st edition (2014)
- Withrow & MacEwen's small animal clinical oncology. Stephen J. Withrow, David M. Vail. 5th. St. Louis, Mo.: Saunders Elsevier, 2013. Chapter Eleven ONLY: Chemotherapy chapter only.
- Current therapy in equine medicine, 7: Robinson, Sprayberry, 2015.
- Veterinary medicine: a textbook of the diseases of cattle, sheep, pigs, goats, and horses. (ACVIM cites as Veterinary Medicine: A textbook of the diseases of cattle, horses, sheep, pigs, and goats) Radostits, Gay, Hinchcliff, and Constable, 10th editions, 2007.
- Large animal internal medicine. Bradford P. Smith. 5th ed. St. Louis: Mosby, 2014. [also available online]
- Equine internal medicine. Stephen M. Reed, Warwick M. Bayly, Debra C. Sellon. 3nd ed. Philadelphia, Pa.; London: W.B. Saunders, 2010. [also available online]
- Current veterinary therapy V : Food Animal Practice: Anderson and Rings (2009) , Philadelphia: W.B. Saunders, 2007. [also available as online book].
Search the catalog for additional internal medicine resources available at NCSU Libraries.
“This is only a convenience copy of the reading list to help find copies of reading materials in the NCSU Libraries. It does not replace the official reading list. Candidates are responsible for ensuring they use the latest reading list.”
Web page updated 7/13/2015