American Board of Veterinary Practitioners: Swine Health Management Study & Reading Guide
NCSU CVM educational programs in Pig Health and Production
|Library Tips||More Info|
- Aspects of Swine Ecology - David Hollier
- Color Atlas of Diseases and Disorders of the Pig. Smith, Taylor, Penny. ISU press, 1998
- Diagnosis of Swine Diseases- Straw and Wilson
- Diseases of Swine - Straw, DAllaire et al 2006
- Essentials of Pig Anatomy - Sack Veterinary Textbooks, Ithaca, NY 1982
- Managing Pig Health and the Treatment of Disease - Muirhead & Alexander 1999
- Multi-site Pig Production - D.L. Harris (2000) ISU Press
- Proceedings of American Association of Swine Veterinarians (AASV) conferences
- Proceedings of International Pig Veterinary Society (IPVS) conferences
- Proceedings of Allen D. Leman (ADL) conferences (1993-2003) Other years available - request free via Tripsaver
- Swine Disease Manual. Editor: KJ Swartz, Copyright AASV, 2004
- The Journal of Swine Health and Production (back issues for past 5 years)
- The Veterinary Clinics of North America - (Food Animal Practice)
Continuing Education Programs: See ABVP website.
- AASV (formerly AASP) Meeting Also Proceedings
- Leman Conference Also Proceedings
- George Young Conference Also Proceedings
- Iowa State Swine Disease Conference Also Proceedings
- IPVS - International Pig Veterinary Society Also Proceedings
- Western States - Swine Seminar
- NAVC - Swine Session Also Proceedings
- CVC - Swine Sessions Also Proceedings
- Seminars at World Pork Expo
Questions on the examination may be taken from sources other than this list.
Search the catalog for additional swine resources available at NCSU Libraries.
“This is only a convenience copy of the reading list to help find copies of reading materials in the NCSU Libraries. It does not replace the official reading list. Candidates are responsible for ensuring they use the latest reading list.”
Contact the ABVP for the current Practice Study & Reading Guide.