PubMed comprises more than 27 million citations for biomedical literature from MEDLINE, life science journals, and online books. Citations may include links to full-text content from PubMed Central and publisher web sites.
Use SciFinder to find chemistry-related literature, patents, and substance and reaction data. By default, SciFinder searches both the CAPlus (Chemical Abstracts) database and MEDLINE. Provides various options for structure and substructure searching. Note: Requires individual registration and login. See SciFinder Training Materials.
Multidisciplinary coverage of over 10,000 high-impact journals in the sciences, social sciences, and arts and humanities, as well as international proceedings coverage for over 120,000 conferences. See Web of Science Training Materials.
Issued as a part of the ISI Web of Knowledge, the database covers original research reports and reviews in biological and biomedical areas. Coverage includes traditional areas of biology such as botany, zoology, and microbiology, as well as related fields such as biomedical, agriculture, pharmacology, and ecology. Also included are interdisciplinary fields such as medicine, biochemistry, biophysics, bioengineering, and biotechnology. The database covers content summaries, books, meeting abstracts, papers, and posters. BIOSIS also combines the content from Biological Abstracts and Biological Abstracts/RRM. Coverage: 1926 to the present
Subjects covered include all aspects of clinical medicine (diseases and disorders, diagnostic and therapeutic techniques and equipment), basic biomedical sciences (anatomy, physiology, biochemistry, genetics, microbiology, pharmacology, etc.), the health care system (facilities, manpower, services, administration), dentistry, nursing, and clinical psychology. MEDLINE may be used to find information on diagnosis, etiology, therapy, and prevention of diseases and disorders; on research in basic science fields relating to medicine; and on biomedical technology and its applications. MEDLINE may be searched by author, medical subject heading, or text words from the title or abstract of the article. MEDLINE is produced by the National Library of Medicine (NLM). The Literature Selection Technical Review Committee (LSTRC), an advisory committee of experts chartered by the National Institutes of Health, advises NLM on the journals that should be included in the database. The American Journal of Nursing Company selects and indexes additional nursing journals and the American Dental Association selects and indexes additional dental journals for inclusion in MEDLINE.
- AGRICOLA - (description)
- Algology, mycology & protozoology abstracts - (description)
- Bacteriology abstracts (Microbiology B) - (description)
- Biotechnology & bioengineering abstracts - (description)
- CAB abstracts - (description)
- ChemDraw professional - (description)
- Conference papers index - (description)
- Encyclopedia of life sciences (Article Database) - (description)
- Immunology abstracts - (description)
- Industrial and applied microbiology - (description)
- Knovel scientific and engineering databases - (description)
- Nucleic acids abstracts - (description)
- Oncogenes and growth factors abstracts - (description)
- Pubget - (description)
- Toxicology abstracts database - (description)
- TOXLINE (Cambridge Scientific Abstracts) - (description)