Soft Circuits & Sewn Circuits
Soft circuits and sewn circuits are electrical circuits made from textiles. Soft circuit projects mix traditional textiles and surface treatments with microcontrollers, sensors, and electrical components to create new and interactive projects and wearable designs.
- Planning your project
- How to sew components to your soft circuit
- How to power your projects
- Light up a basic circuit
- Connecting components in parallel vs connecting in series
Search these sites for tutorials and project ideas:
Borrow Tools and Materials from the Libraries
- Lilypad Design kits (available from the Makerspace)
- Adafruit Flora kits (available from the Makerspace)
- Adafruit Circuit Playground
- Arduino Uno
- Arduino Galileo
- MaKey Makey
Below you will find the presentation slides from our Intro to Soft Circuits Workshop.