Subject Specialists can work with you individually on research for papers or projects.
We can help with:
- literature reviews
- choosing databases
- setting up search alerts
- finding data, primary historical documents, and conference proceedings.
Tools for Researchers
- Copyright & Digital Scholarship Center - advice to NC State researchers wishing to discuss copyright, fair use, and other scholarly communication issues
- Data Management Planning
- Grantseeking and Fundraising - resources for identifying financial awards and support, from seed grants for pilot data to multi-institutional collaborations
- How and Why to Document Searches in the Sciences (PDF handout)
- Laboratory Protocols - online protocols and methods resources
- RefWorks - web-based bibliographic management software
- Sample Search Log for Documenting Searches (Word Document)
Workshops for Researchers
Research Methodology Resources
The NCSU Libraries catalog offers rich print and online resources on research methodology, statistical methods for clinical trials, grant proposal writing, mentoring scientists, research ethics, and many other areas of interest.
Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC) Search Consultations
Kristine Alpi and Rachael Posey of the Veterinary Medicine Library and other health and life sciences reference librarians provide assistance with animal alternatives searches for animal use protocols. Confidentiality is part of all reference consultations provided by the NCSU Libraries.