New carpet installation will be happening in the D. H. Hill Library throughout late July. Installation is scheduled to begin on Monday, July 16 and be complete by Friday, July 27.
Areas including the Learning Commons, the Print/Copy/Scan room, the Digital Media Labs, the Graduate Commons, and the Special Collections Reading Room will be affected, as well as some private offices. Library users should be prepared for active installation areas to be closed off.
Other work upcoming this summer includes:
- completion of the new Quiet Reading Room in the west wing at Hill
- installation of new fabric panels on the workstations in the Learning Commons at Hill
- installation of new work surfaces around the columns in the Learning Commons at Hill
- installation of new low bookcases in the Popular Reading area in the Learning Commons at Hill
- relocation of three group study rooms on the third floor at Hill to the seventh floor.
- new group study rooms on the fifth, sixth, and eighth floors at Hill (total of 13 new rooms)
- work on the Game Lab at the Hunt Library, including a new display and removal of the control console