Join the NCSU Libraries and the NC State Wake County Alumni Network to wish the Brickyard a happy 50th birthday! Lots of fun, participatory, and family-friendly events are planned and there are great opportunities to immerse yourself in the history of the university and one of its most beloved spaces. Events take place on the Brickyard and inside the D. H. Hill Library on Saturday, Sept. 22, 10:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m. (Some activities require advance registration.)
In addition to all the great programming, you'll hear from Daniel Howe '85, a professor in the College of Design and the author of a recent article celebrating the Brickyard in NC State magazine. Dick Bell '50, the man who designed the Brickyard, will also be on hand as a special guest.
Outside on the Brickyard:
- Participate in Wellness and Recreation & the Crafts Center activities
- Understand the science behind the Wolf Ears statues
- Learn about the Brickyard's future from Doug Morton '83, associate vice chancellor of facilities
- Enjoy performances from student groups
- Check out the Habitat for Humanity shack before the start of Shack-A-Thon
- Visit the Alumni Association member area for magazines and giveaways
- Enjoy birthday cake and Howling Cow ice cream (for those who register)
- Take home brick-themed giveaways for attendees and an exclusive Alumni Association member gift
Come inside D. H. Hill Library for even more great activities:
- Rarely seen Brickyard photos and memorabilia from the Libraries’ Special Collections Research Center
- Demonstrations of 3D printing and virtual reality
- Music technology petting zoo
- Family-friendly video games
$5 for Alumni Association members | $10 for non-members | Children under 12 years old are free
Click here to register online.
As a thank you to Alumni Association members, you can also order a limited-edition, 50th-anniversary t-shirt for $10 (includes shipping/tax).
To order, visit the Red and White Shop online and select your T-shirt size. On the checkout page, enter discount code: brickyard50.
Discount code is valid for one T-shirt only.