Getting Books from the bookBot
Most of the 1.5 million books in the Hunt Library are in the bookBot.
To find the books you need:
- Search the Libraries’ online catalog, choose an item, and click “Request."
- If you choose to pick up at the Hunt Library, you can expect the book to be delivered in 5 minutes to the Ask Us center just inside the Hunt Library entrance on the second floor.
- If you choose to pick up at other campus libraries, you can expect delivery in 1-2 business days.
Getting Articles from the bookBot
Most articles in the NCSU Libraries' collection are available online. When you need articles from print journals in the bookBot, search the Libraries’ online catalog for the journal and click “Request." You can choose either:
- Digital article delivery (PDF) in 24 hours.
- Delivery of print volumes in 1-2 business days to campus libraries.
Books on Open Shelving
Over 30,000 of the most recent books (2007 to present) in science, engineering, and textiles are available on shelves in:
- the Rain Garden Reading Lounge
- the Quiet Reading Room on the second floor
- and the Oval View Reading Lounge on the fourth floor.
The Libraries’ Virtual Browse feature in the online catalog allows you to see a virtual book shelf with all of the materials that would be located near your item of interest by call number, including the growing number of electronic books in the collection.
Try it out by clicking "Browse Shelf" when you find a book in the catalog. Or use the Virtual Browse kiosk in the Hunt Library.