Librarian: Jennifer Garrett
- Provide reports on consumer attitudes, lifestyles, and trends
- Track product innovation in relation to select companies
- List advertising agencies
- Offers Market Share statistics on many consumer product categories
- Provides reports on consumer attitudes, lifestyles, and trends
- Covers North America (U.S. and Canada), Asia-Pacific, World
- Provide reports on High-Technology and Industrial sectors
- Extensive demographic, consumer spending, and business data
- Provides detailed information about consumers, their lifestyles and buying behavior, and businesses in your market areas
- Analyze trade areas, competition, supply and demand
Consumer Research: Geographies, Demographics, Psychographics, Sociographics
Allows you to map demographic and point-of-interest data
American Fact Finder (U.S. Census)
Log Into North Carolina (LINC) (N.C. State Data Center)
Facts & Figures (NC OSBM, State Data Center)
Spending and Time Use Surveys (Bureau of Labor Statistics)
- Identify top three neighborhood lifestyles by ZIP code
- Community Tapestry Handbook (PDF)
Handbook of Marketing Scales: Multi-item Measures for Marketing and Consumer Behavior Research
DH Hill Library , Learning Commons HF5415.3 .B323 1999
Branding and Packaging Products
Brands and their Companies
DH Hill Library, Learning Commons T223.V4 A22
Available through Gale Directory Library
Business Source Complete
Advanced search limit by "product review" or click on More Options and search by "product name"
Lexis Nexis Academic
Power search limit by index term "branding" or "product management"
Search for "packaging" or "marketing"
Advertising & Media
Search for articles on your topic using the databases below. (To cross search all of these databases at once in EBSCO, look for "Search Other Databases" or "Choose Databases" in the EBSCO database interface.)
Advertising Red Books - Advertiser & Agencies
Find advertising agencies used by large companies, and major accounts held by agencies, medium of advertisement used and total expenditure figures.
Direct Marketing Market Place
DH Hill Library, Learning Commons HF5415.1 .D57
Find companies that use direct marketing and those that supply them, including catalogers, consultants, creative services, list brokers, telemarketers, letter shops, publications, associations, and events.
Broadcasting and Cable Yearbook
DH Hill Library Stacks (4th floor) HE8689 .B77
Gale Directory of Publications and Broadcast Media
DH Hill Library, Learning Commons Z 6951 .A97
Available online through Gale Directory Library.
American Marketing Association
Free registration gets you access to webinars and reports related to marketing.
All Advertising Agencies
Helps you screen and identify ad agencies based on venue/ad type, industry, annual budget, and zip code.
Regulation of Marketing in U.S.
Marketing practices are regulated at the federal, state, and local levels. Generally, federal regulations apply to interstate commerce, and state and local regulations govern intrastate commerce. Below are three major regulatory bodies that play a part in product labeling practices and advertising claims:
- Media Bureau: Industry Analysis Division
- Enforcement Bureau: Regulation of Obscenity, Indecency and Profanity