What it is:
- A database providing regional, national, and global economic, financial, and commodity information.
What you can expect to find:
- Detailed and up-to-date reports on 206 countries, formatted to provide standardized sections called silos (political, economic, legal, tax, operations, and security)
- Country and Sovereign risk analysis sections include customizable risk analysis tools.
- Economic and Financial dataset includes historical data for some variables as far back as 1960s, and long-term forecasts to 2040. Data sets include macroeconomic variables such as national income accounts, balance of payments, foreign debt, interest and exchange rates, money supply, and employment.
Some useful things you can do:
- Gain a quick overview of specific countries or regions using the Country Intelligence full-text analyst reports.
- Compare risk ratings of countries based on weighted silos (political, economic, legal, tax, operations, security).
- Compare Global Insight’s sovereign risk ratings against Moody, S&P, and Fitch.
- Use DataInsight-Web tool to screen, select, and extract data based on geography and concept (particular variable) for use in statistical software.
- Current subscription includes Country Intelligence and Economic and Financial Data services.
- Global Insight proprietary data
- IMF's International Financial Statistics, Direction of Trade, and Balance of Payments
- Main economic indicators and national accounts from the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development