Library as a Service (LaaS) Model
Friends of the Library is beta-testing a Library as a Service (LaaS) Model for small companies in North Carolina looking for additional research strategies. Apply to become a beta testing company!
As a Library as a Service (LaaS) Model beta tester, companies will have access to NCSU Libraries services and resources during a six-month period, including:
- D. H. Hill Library
- James B. Hunt Jr. Library
- Harrye B. Lyons Design Library
- Natural Resources Library
- William Rand Kenan, Jr. Library of Veterinary Medicine
Library Resources and Research Tools
- NC State Publications
- Theses and Dissertations
- Citation Builder
- Open Access Resources
- Data and GIS**
- Maps and Atlases
- Special Collections Research Center
Beta Membership Plan Benefits
- Upon request, Libraries staff provide strategies for subject-specific literature search to accelerate investigation and research
- Guidance on accessing and locating specialized library resources and publications
- Recognition of the corporation among other supporters and investors in the annual Honor Roll
- Upon request, a workshop conducted by an NC State librarian, at your office (within 20 miles of NC State) or at the library, on how to use Libraries resources
- Day parking pass for the decks closest to visiting library (advance notice of three working days is required)
- Invitations to special Friends of the Library events
Beta Membership Costs (six-month membership)
- One-time $50 cost to set up each borrower’s card
- $50 for first card, or $10 a month
- $15 for each additional card, or $5 a month
Beta Test Candidate Profile
- Ten (10) companies with up to 20 employees
- Ten (10) companies with 21 to 50 employees
Apply to become a beta test company. Contact Friends of the Library at 919.515.2841 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
*Access may be limited to contract terms.
**Accessible through consultation appointment.