Frequently Asked Questions
How do I use the self checkout machine at Hunt Library?
We have a self check out machine in the Ask Us at Hunt (near the open hold shelf). In order to use the machine:
1. Swipe your NC state all campus card using the card reader on the side of the machine. Make sure that the front of the car is facing towards you. If you have a new card, swipe the RED band on the back.
2. After you swipe your card, you will be taken into the main screen, where you can check out books and also check on your library account.
3. Place one book or other item on the gray square. Your item will appear in the "checked out items".
4. Continue this process until all the items you want are checked out. Only place one item at a time on the gray square!
6. If you want to see your account details, you can also select "Account Info". This will let you see your checked out items, holds, overdue items, and any fines and fees you may have on your account.
7. Hit Close, and you are done!
If you have any trouble with this system, please do not hesitate to ask the Ask Us staff, and we will be glad to assist you!