Frequently Asked Questions
What services are available to extension agents and field faculty?
The Libraries' collection of over 4 million volumes, and all library services at N.C. State University, are available to the extension and engagement community. Some of our key services and features include:
- Order books and articles - regardless of location.
- Hundreds of databases for finding articles and data.
- Thousands of electronic journals.
- Look up books and other materials in the Libraries' catalog.
- Geographic Information Systems (GIS) data and services.
- Ask a Librarian - use email, telephone, or online chat to ask reference questions.
To use NCSU Libraries' databases and electronic journals, you need a Unity ID and password. Most extension personnel already have Unity accounts because they are generated automatically for anyone on the NCSU payroll. For help finding out your Unity ID and password, call 919-515-HELP(4357).
If you don't have a Unity Account (usually because you are on a county payroll and not on NCSU's), contact Extension Information Technology to have one issued to you.
The NCSU Libraries offers a collection of over 4 million volumes and 68,000 print and electronic serial subscriptions. Read more about the Libraries' collections.
#0013 | 2013-10-30 RR
Did you find this answer helpful?
If you need more help, please Ask Us.