See upcoming events
WhenWednesday, November 13, 2019
1:00pm to 4:00pm
- Lawrence & Ella Apple Technology Showcase, James B. Hunt Jr. Library
As part of our GIS Week activities, visit tables and exhibits from campus partners to learn more about how GIS is being on campus for research, infrastructure, and transportation. At our GIS Day Open House, you'll have a chance to get hands-on with a Tangible Landscape, see how Facilities uses GIS to support our campus, experience our world in Virtual Reality with the Libraries, and more!
- NC State Facilities
- Geology program at the Department of Marine, Earth, and Atmospheric Sciences
- NC State Transportation
- NC State University Libraries
- The Libraries will be there with hands-on activities from the VR Studio, Makerspace, and Data & Visualization Services.
- NC State's Center for Geospatial Analytics
- Tangible Landscape exhibit
- By sculpting the topography with your hands, the Tangible Landscape platform can be used to solve problems such as tracking emerging infectious diseases and modeling coal ash spills. The Center for Geospatial Analytics is bringing the Tangible Landscape to Hunt Library so you can try your hand at molding the landscape and sculpting the earth’s topography, while seeing the digital model change in real time.
- What if an online game could shape decision-making about stormwater management in the Triangle? Explore the possibilities of a TomorrowNow stormwater game that allows you to play with real geospatial models and data in your own backyard.
If you require a disability-related accommodation to participate in this event, please contact Marian Fragola at email@example.com or 919-513-3481 to arrange services. Early requests are strongly encouraged to allow sufficient time to meet your access needs.