Makerspace at Hill
The D. H. Hill Library Makerspace gives hands-on access to the emerging technologies of making, and will enable many more students and faculty to work with 3D printing, 3D scanning, electronics prototyping, and other Maker tools.
The tools listed below as Available to borrow can be checked out at the D. H. Hill Ask Us desk. Those under Use in the library are available in the D. H. Hill Makerspace for users who have been through our Orientation.
Only currently affiliated students, faculty, and staff of NC State may gain access to the D. H. Hill Makerspace. To do so, you must first attend an Orientation session, to ensure your safety and introduce you to various Makerspace equipment. We have a strict no guest policy.
Anyone may visit the Makerspace during our open hours to see example projects, hear what we offer, and more.
Use in the Library
- /devices/bernina-sewing-machineBernina 1008 Sewing Machine
- /devices/brother-1034d-sergerBrother 1034D Serger
- /devices/brother-pe770-embroidery-machineBrother PE770 Embroidery Machine
- /devices/brother-xl2610-sewing-machineBrother XL2610 Sewing Machine
- /devices/circuit-playgroundCircuit Playground
- /devices/lulzbot-miniLulzbot Mini
- /devices/microsoft-xbox-kinect-3d-sensorMicrosoft XBOX for Kinect 3D Sensor
- /devices/zing-24-laser-by-epilogZing 24 Laser by Epilog
Available to Borrow
- Arduino Inventor Kit
- Internet of Things Starter Kit
- iRobot Create 2 Programmable Robot
- LightBlue Bean+
- littleBits Premium Kit
- MaKey MaKey
- Matter and Form 3D Scanner
- Moog Werkstatt-01 Analog Synthesizer
- Physical Computing Kit with Circuit Playground
- Raspberry Pi
- Sphero SPRK Robotic Ball
- Structure 3D Scanner