Drafting your Data Management Plan
Data Management Plan Tool (DMPTool)
DMPTool is a resource developed by the California Digital Library and a group of major research institutions, and is designed to help researchers:
- Create ready-to-use data management plans for specific funding agencies
- Get step-by-step instructions and guidance for data management plans
- Link back to NCSU's guidance, support, and contacts
To access the DMPTool, visit https://dmptool.org/ and log in with your Unity ID and password.
How We Can Help
The NC State University Libraries provides free guidance to NC State faculty, staff, and students on creating and implementing data management plans. Our consultation includes providing advice on documenting data types, standards for data description, short-term storage, long-term preservation, sharing and access considerations, policies for re-use and re-distribution, and defining responsibilities for carrying out the data management plan. We will review a draft DMP, too. You can send us a draft by:
- Submitting the form below
- Submitting your draft through the DMPTool, or
- Sending us an attachment via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Send us your draft to review at least 1 week in advance of when you need feedback (2 weeks is ideal).