The Raspberry Pi is a credit-card sized computer; it’s a great tool to learn computer science and programming!
We lend a starter pack from Adafruit that includes a Raspberry Pi #and an SD card with NOOBs, a basic operating system, installed. Feel free to use your own SD card.
In addition, we provide an HDMI monitor, keyboard, and mouse, so you have everything you need to run the Pi in the kit.
- Introduction to the Linux Terminal - Shell Magic
- Introduction to outputs - Light up an LED when you get more email
- Introduction to inputs - Play MP3 audio files when three different buttons are pressed
- Introduction to sensors - Reading a photo cell sensor with RC timing to detect light changes
For more information:
Other helpful links:
- Lynda.com tutorials on Raspberry Pi available from the Libraries
- The official Raspberry Pi Education Manual (Tutorials for Scratch and Python, command line basics, and more)
- Raspbian OS (Basic Linux operating system for Raspberry Pi)
- Doing More
- Raspberry Pi Wiki
You can find all lendable devices at the Ask Us desk.